Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 cups finely diced watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- ½ red or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus additional sprigs for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
1. Mix watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, chopped herbs, vinegar, shallot, oil, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Puree 3 cups of the mixture in a blender or food processor to the desired smoothness; transfer to another large bowl.
3. Puree another 3 cups and add to the bowl. Stir in the remaining diced mixture.
4. Serve at room temperature or chilled, garnished with basil leaves.
Note: This can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to one day.