ROASTED RUTABEGA HUMMUS
o 3 medium rutabagas, peeled
o 4 garlic cloves, peeled
o 1 – 540 mL can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
o 4 ice cubes
o juice of 1/2 lemon
o 2 Tablespoons tahini
o 3/4 teaspoons salt
o 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Place a large rectangle of foil on a baking tray.
2. Cut rutabagas into approximately 1-inch pieces and place on the tray. Drizzle with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Add 3 cloves of garlic. Wrap up the root and the garlic in foil and seal the parcel as best as you can. Roast vegetables for about 45 minutes, or until soft.
3. In a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, blend chickpeas, hot roasted rutabaga and garlic together until smooth. You will need to stop the processor to scrape down the sides a couple of times.
4. With the processor running, drop in the ice cubes and process until quite creamy. This help to have a fluffy, light hummus. Add the remaining ingredients: 1 raw garlic clove, lemon juice, tahini, salt and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Puree until very smooth.
5. Taste and correct seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a bowl or plate, drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Serve at room temperature with raw rutabaga chips.