Blackberry Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Sue Smith
This super-simple salad showcases blackberries at their peak, and works well as a light lunch with crusty bread or as a side dish on a hot summer day.
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 8 cups arugula or mixed greens
• 4 ounces mild sheep or goat feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans
• 1 pint fresh blackberries
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Gently toss together greens, feta, nuts, and blackberries.
2. Whisk dressing ingredients together until well-blended; add additional salt and pepper if desired.
3. Drizzle dressing lightly over salad, and serve with extra dressing on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Sue Smith, Certified Health Counselor
Prime Health Style