- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade.
- 1 pinch salt.
- 8 cups clean snow or shaved ice (more or less depending on the density of the snow)
- optional (but strongly suggested) toppings of your choice.
First, gather all of your non-snow ingredients:
- granulated sugar
- milk (you can use any kind of milk)
- vanilla extract
Whisk the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Then pop the bowl in the freezer while you run outside to get your snow. For this batch, you need about 8 cups (more or less) of fresh, clean snow. But since ours was super light and airy, I brought in a little extra. Immediately stir the snow into the milk mixture, and keep adding until an ice-cream-ish consistency is achieved. It should be fluffy and scoop-able, but not runny. It melts really quickly, so dish it up right away.
Happy Snow Day!