Prep time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 3 peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bag chopped kale
- 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix in celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pot and season with chili powder and pepper.
- Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, black beans, and kale. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered 45 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.Recipe courtesy of Jessica Bengtson, Executive Chef, terrain Garden Café