• ¾ cup turnips, medium dice
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon shallot, brunoise (1/8-inch dice)
• kosher salt, to taste
• freshly-ground black pepper
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• ¾ cup cooked amaranth
• 1 ½ cups kale, chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped dates
• 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
• 4 tablespoons Beltane Farms chèvre (goat cheese)
1. Preheat the oven to 420 degrees F.
2. Toss the turnips in a little olive oil and roast until lightly golden, approximately 13 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and shallot, and season with salt and pepper.
4. In the same bowl, add the quinoa and amaranth, kale, roasted turnips, dates and cashews. Gently toss to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed to taste.
5. Put the salad in a serving bowl and crumble the goat cheese over the top.