Roasted Red Lentil Hummus
*2 cups red lentils
*2 celery stalks
*5 cloves garlic
*1 tbsp. Indian Spices such as Garam Masala (optional)
*1 cup chickpeas (either store bought…if not soak overnight in cold water and cook separately)
*2-3 lemons juiced (depending on how “lemon-y” you like it
*4 oz tahini
*veg stock or chicken stock (as needed until lentils are soft/cooked through)
*just a drizzle of olive oil
*salt and pepper to taste
1. cook on medium heat the garlic, onion, celery, carrot until soft
2. add red lentils and enough stock to cover…you will need to add a little bit of stock as the lentils absorb all the liquid….keep doing so until lentils are thoroughly cooked and soft.
3. turn heat off….add salt, pepper, and Indian spices if you choose….add chickpeas and allow lentil mixture to cool
4. transfer the cool mixture to the food processor….add tahini, lemon juice and olive oil.
5. process until smooth and creamy
6. check seasoning and enjoy!