Avocado Toast with Poached Egg, Tomato, and Fresno Chiles
- 1 pint assorted cherry tomatoes, cut into halves or quarters, depending on size
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1-2 Fresno chile peppers, thinly sliced (you can use jalapeños as a substitute, just use less)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 loaf bread of preference (I like seeded whole grain or semolina best), sliced into 8 thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 avocados
- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch chives, finely sliced
1. Dress the tomatoes with the juice of 2 of the limes, chile peppers, olive oil and salt. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes.
2. Toast the bread. Gently rub each slice very lightly with a raw, whole garlic clove. Keep the toast warm.
3. Quarter, peel, and slice each avocado. Squeeze with a little lime juice and a sprinkle of salt.
4. Poach the eggs (sunny-side up works well too) and keep them warm.
5. To assemble, place 2 pieces of toast on each plate. Arrange some of the sliced avocado and tomato chile salad on each piece of toast. Top each with an egg and arrange a little more of the tomato salad around the plate. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and chives. Serve warm and enjoy for a hearty breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
1 pint assorted cherry tomatoes
Fresno chile peppers
extra-virgin olive oil
1 loaf bread
1 bunch chives
Chef & Proprietor of TASTE by karla sorrentino