Pasta Caprese Confetti
Dairy (easily veganized by leaving off the cheese).
This basic pasta salad shines with farm-fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes and local cheese. Add whichever herbs are available at the market.
To keep this pasta salad even more local, buy your pasta at the farmers’ market!
– 1 10 oz. box pennette or shells
– 3 bell peppers, I each: red, yellow, and orange
– ½ pint cherry tomatoes – red or mixed colors, cut in half
– 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese or farm-fresh goat cheese, cut into ½” chunks
– fresh basil
– chopped parsley or cilantro
– ¼ cup olive oil
– 3-5 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta as directed. After draining, rinse in cold water and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil to keep from sticking. Place in large bowl.
2. Chop the colored peppers finely. Chop 5-7 large leaves of fresh basil; reserve some leaves for garnish.
3. Toss all of the ingredients with the pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
10 oz. boxed or fresh pasta
3 bell peppers, mixed colors
½ pint cherry tomatoes
8 oz. farm-fresh cheese (seasoned goat cheese is super)
parsley or cilantro
unseasoned rice vinegar