Moroccan Carrot Salad by Liz Rueven
This salad is vegan, pareve (non-dairy) and raw.
Use farm-fresh carrots for the most delicious flavors in this healthy and addictive salad. If you can find sunny yellow and bright fuchsia carrots in addition to the more expected orange, it’s even more beautiful. Feel free to play with favorite spices here. If you don’t like one of these, just leave it out, taste and adjust.
- 6 carrots, grated by hand or in food processor (about 2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup roasted, salted, shelled pistachio halves
1. Grate carrots and place in large mixing bowl
2. Chop garlic and parsley. Add to bowl, along with the spices, salt and pepper.
3. Dress with olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Taste and adjust lemon, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top salad with pistachio bits and extra chopped parsley.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Best if made at least 4 hours in advance.
3 cloves fresh garlic
flat leaf parsley
extra virgin olive oil (the best you can buy)
roasted and salted pistachio halves